Apple Jalapeno Glaze
I know many of you have been waiting for this recipe, shared on The Big BBQ Radio Show by the amazingly talented Chef Jack Mac. Here it is, from the Chef himself.
Let me just say that this glaze is absolutely delicious. Crazy good. You can hear our review of it as we were eating it during the show – we aren’t lying – it’s a glorious treat.
- 2 jalapenos
- 3 granny smith apples
- 1 cup yellow onion, chopped
- 2 Tbsp garlic, minced
- 1 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- 2Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups apple juice
- Add fruit and veggies to a sauce pot and cook over medium heat 5 minutes.
- Add remaining ingredients (lemon juice, vinegar, sugar & apple juice) and bring to a boil.
- Lower to a simmer until reduced by about 1/3.
- Remove from heat, puree and strain.