Bacon Wrapped Smoked Stuffed Chicken Bites
These are so good, it’s criminal. These were almost an afterthought by my wife on an evening we were cooking something else and she had some extra chicken.
When they were finished, we all took a bite, and it was one of those moments when you all look at each other and go, “Whoa. These…are incredible.”
Approximately 34 seconds later, all of the bacon wrapped smoked stuffed chicken bites were gone, and we all lived happily ever after.
Stuffed Jalepeno Chicken Chicken Bombs
- 1/2 lb bacon, each piece cut in half
- 3 uncooked chicken breasts, sliced into long strips
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 tsn Ellbee's Garlic seasoning(we used Chipotle Herb
- 12 jalepenos, seeded and sliced in half long ways.
- salt and pepper to your liking
- Set up your grill for indirect cooking/smoking.
- You can ABSOLUTELY marinate/brine your chicken before beginning this process. Even if it's only for 30 minutes, you're still getting flavor into the meat.
- In a bowl, combine the cheeses, Ellbees and salt and pepper. Set aside.
- When your chicken has marinated/brined to your liking, slice your uncooked chicken breasts into long strips. The strips need to be wide enough to fit a jalepeno inside of it.
- Fill a sliced in half jalepeno with the cheese filling. Fill it WELL.
- Roll the jalepeno up in the chicken strip. Try to secure all the sides of the chicken.
- Once the chicken strip has been rolled, wrap the half piece of bacon around the chicken strip.
- Secure the bacon with a toothpick.
- Repeat until all chicken/bacon/cheese mixture is gone. If you have leftover cheese mixture and one meat, get creative. 🙂
- Place the Chicken Bites on your grill, away from the heat, and smoke for about 45 minutes - until bacon is golden brown and cheese begins to ooze. I used apple and pecan wood chips.