Grilled Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze
I could have sworn I hated Brussel Sprouts. I’m almost positive I despise them. I asked my parents, they agreed that surely I couldn’t stand them.
But then I grilled them.
And now I love them.
I adapted this recipe from one I saw on another BBQ Blog – Grill Grrrl. She has outstanding recipes – I highly recommend you check it out. I was looking for a veggie side dish to make and this one jumped out to me. I really love using cast iron on the grill, plus it involved balsamic vinegar and garlic (two of my favorite ingredients), so this was a perfect recipe to try.
Delicious. You’ll love these. Garlic yumminess, crispy exterior, and an awesome vinegar tang. Grilled Brussel Sprouts will become a regular in the grilled veggie rotation at our house.
- 1 lb Brussels Sprouts
- 2 cloves of smoked roasted minced garlic
- 1 chopped finely onion
- 1 tsp of sea salt
- Freshly cracked pepper to taste
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 4 tsp of balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbs flour
- 1 tbs butter
- In a saucepan, combine garlic, onion, salt & pepper, vinegar, flour, and butter.
- Whisk frequently on low heat until thickened, then remove from heat.
For Brussel Sprouts
- Set up your grill for direct cooking.
- Place cast iron skillet on the grate to heat it up.
- Lightly coat Brussel Sprouts in Olive Oil, sprinkle with salt & pepper and toss into the heated cast iron skillet.
- Cook for about 15 minutes, turning frequently to crisp all sides.
- For increased crispiness, try cutting the sprouts in half.
- Drizzle Sprouts with the Balsamic Glaze