Grilled Sweet Potato and Green Onion Salad
I actually found this recipe on another great blog – The Sweet’s Life. As soon as I saw this recipe, I knew it was going to be something I was going to have to try, given my new found love of sweet potatoes. And, wow – it didn’t disappoint! In fact, it was so good that the next weekend, I purposely bought more sweet potatoes for Kevin to grill JUST so I could make this salad. I plan on impressing quite a few parties with this new dish!
Grilled Sweet Potatoe and Green Onion Salad
A new take on your regular potato salad!
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, slice into large pieces
- 1 bunch of green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup of olive oil
- 1 tbn dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbn honey
- salt and pepper to taste
- Grill the sweet potatoes at a low to medium temperature because they burn easily. Grill for about 5 minutes on each side.
- Combine all other ingredients in a bowl. Whisk together well.
- Once the sweet potatoes have cooled, dice them into smaller pieces. Stir it all together and enjoy.