Italian Pasta Salad
Pasta salads are a mark of good parties. If the pasta isn’t flowing as freely as the barbecue, then it’s not a good party. At least, that’s how we measure it at our house. We eat pasta in almost every variety there is. And cold pasta can be absolutely delicious. Especially when you give it an Italian foundation!
This particular pasta salad is inspired by my sister. She recently brought one to a family get together and I thought it was absolutely awesome. So…here’s my version of her great salad!
A delicious pasta salad that uses many Italian flavors. Easy and impressive!
- I box of cooked penne noodles
- 20 slices of diced salami
- A handful of pepperoni, diced
- 3/4 cupish of red onions, diced
- 1 cup of grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1/4 cup of green onions
- 1/2 diced yellow pepper
- 1 ball of real mozzarella, diced
- 1/4 cup of parmesan cheese
- some fresh basil torn up - maybe 1/4 of a cup?
- The dressing:
- 1/3 cup of apple cider vinegar
- 1/3 cup of olive oil
- 1 teaspoon of sugar
- a few sprinkles of oregano and parsley
- salt and pepper
- Cook the noodles in salted water. Drain, run cool water through them, and set aside.
- Make the dressing in the dish you will use for the pasta salad – this ensures that you will use all of the dressing.
- Mix dressing ingredients together well.
- Add noodles to pasta dish.
- Add everything else, except the basil. Mix well.
- Refrigerate before serving. You can make this dish a day ahead of time. If it looks dry, add some olive oil. Also add some parmesan cheese, the basil, salt and pepper right before serving to freshen it up.