Marinade Monday: Pastrami Brine
Marinade Monday: Corned Beef Brine
- 1 gallon water
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup salt
- 4 teaspoons pink curing salt #1 (I sometimes use Morton's Tenderquick)
- 5 tablespoons pickling spices
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed or pressed
- Combine all ingredients in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Let cool completely before adding to meat.
- Let brisket brine in mixture for 2-3 weeks before cooking.
- Some recipes call for changing the brine every week. I'll leave that up to you.
Want to talk about unique? How about a brine that turns your ordinary brisket into corned beef/pastrami.
This is so cool I can’t even deal with it. Take the ingredients pictured above (and listed in recipe box), boil them together, then let that cool to room temperature. Dump them in a large container or bag, and add your beef brisket.
And in just three short weeks, your brisket will be brined into a pastrami and ready for smoking.
Yep. Three. Weeks. But believe me when i say it’s worth it. SO worth it.