Mediterranean Chicken Bites
COME. ON. With these guys. I couldn’t love them more. After making them, I had to run one of my boys to Scouts, and I actually brought a few with me to share with the other moms, because I knew how much they loved them. They are SO tasty, so easy and SO, SO, SO healthy! You can’t beat that winning combination.
I have always enjoyed Mediterranean Flavors – the saltiness of Kalamata olives, the tang from Feta cheese. It’s simply delicious. Oregano has always been a go to spice of mine – especially for my Italian dishes, but did you know that oregano also plays a big role in the Mediterranean flavors?
A little food trivia for you….
All of these wonderful flavors combined with the fact that each cup is 80 calories! Oh, COME ON already. It’s silly not to make these.
Mediteranean Chicken Bites
- Egg Roll Wrappers
- 8 ounces feta cheese
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 tsn oregano
- 1/4 cup chopped, seeded kalamata olives
- 1/2 cup greek yogurt
- 1 tsn dill
- 2 tbn chopped red onion
- 1 tsn chopped cilantro
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsn lemon juice
- 1 cup leftover smoked chicken
- Spray a muffin tin generously.
- Place 1 egg roll wrapper in each muffin tin, creating a "cup".
- In a bowl, combine all other ingredients except for cheese. Mix thoroughly. Spoon the chicken mixture inside each up, filling slightly more than half way. Sprinkle a mixture of feta and mozzarella on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 350 for 20 minutes, or until the cheese has melted/the egg roll wrappers brown slightly.