Smoked Roasted Garlic Pasta
To add a unique twist your regular pasta – use smoked roasted garlic. I can’t advertise this wonderful taste enough. We will buy garlic in bulk, smoke ALL of it on the grill, freeze it and then throw it in anything and everything. When it defrosts, it gets mushy, which is perfect for a sauce. If you’re thinking, ” Ugh. Garlic is just too strong.” It’s not in this form. When garlic is smoked, most of its potency is dissolved. The only thing left then is a mild, sweet garlic flavor. For example, in this dish, I used 10 cloves, and it only partially garlicky. As we all know, if you were to use 10 cloves in anything else, the garlic flavor would be REALLY strong. So strong that your family members may start to wonder if you were trying to keep vampires away. That’s not the case with this recipe.
As another added bonus – this was a low fat recipe as well! It has veggies, smoked chicken broth, and a little wine as it’s sauce. Delicious and low fat. I don’ t know if there’s anything better!
Grilled Chicken Smoke Roasted Garlic Pasta With Cream Sauce
Thinking ahead will make your life easier - frozen cloves of smoked roasted garlic takes front and center in this easy dish!
- 10 cloves of smoked, roasted garlic
- 1 bunch of broccoli, chopped and steamed
- 1 pound of sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 onion, sliced
- 1 cup smoked chicken broth
- 1/3 cup of white wine
- 2 T butter
- 2 T flour
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, pus some more for topping
- 1 pound of cooked pasta
- Salt and pepper to flavor
- Cook noodles according to the directions on the box.
- Get another pot ready to cook your broccoli. Cook your broccoli by steaming or boiling - whatever you prefer.
- In a deep skillet, melt the butter. Saute the sliced mushrooms and onions in the butter until they are soft. Add the flour, and stir well.
- Add the garlic, chicken broth and white wine. The sauce will thicken. Your house will smell fabulous. Add the parmesan cheese, and steamed broccoli.
- Add salt and pepper to your liking.
- Serve immediately.