Grilled Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza
This really doesn’t need a lot of explaining. Look at the picture. You and I both know how ridiculously good it looks. It’s pizza. With grilled hamburger meat. And lots of cheese. And BACON.
And it’s grilled.
So there you have it. Put those ingredients together with some dough and pizza sauce and you have our favorite grilled pizza. Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza. It’s just so darn good.
Pizza, Bacon, Hamburger, Cheese. Add some smoke, and everyone in the family is happy. At least, in our family.
- 1 - 2 leftover hamburgers, or about 1/2lb
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup of shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Tomato pizza sauce- either just get the store bought version, or try:
- 1/2 can tomato sauce
- 1 tsn sugar
- 1/2 tsn salt
- 1/4 tsn pepper
- 1 tsn basil
- 1 pizza crust...I promise, a recipe for this is coming soon...
- Set up your grill for direct cooking. Use about 10-15 coals, as you don't want your fire too hot.
- Throw some wood on there to add some smoke to your crust.
- Using a pizza stone, lightly brown one side of the pizza dough - about 5 minutes.
- Put together your pizza on the browned side - sauce, meat, cheese.
- Place back on stone for about 10-15 minutes or until cheese is melted.